RSS

Thứ Tư, 8 tháng 5, 2013

Songs that I listed in my playlist called 'Self-harm songs' and a couple of my favourite other songs suicide-related

Title says pretty much everything eh ? And this will be all in English. Jesus Christ, I need to learn how to write in my language again. But well, later. So here we go. Songs are either directly sing about self-harm/ suicide or remotely depressive or just fit my mood. I haven't cut in like three months now btw. Well I lied. But small cuts don't count. The world is always in need of another stupid teenager who post list of songs that she likes. And I'll explain why I love them. Some lyrics will be there just to show he obvious. Last time I check this is a personal blog and well :)) Here I am. Down here are personal ideas and if you don't like don't read. Most can be found on spotify. Some can be found on youtube. All are available somewhere on the internet. These are (for me) fitting to listen to when I'm in a mood. Some are bland and daft but who are you to judge my music taste ?

TRIGGER WARNING. CAN BE TRIGGERING FOR ALL SORT OF THINGS SO PLEASE DON'T READ AND/OR LISTEN TO SONGS.

REPEAT. CAN BE TRIGGERING.

REPEAT. THE OWNER OF THE BLOG IS NOW ON HER WAY TO RECOVERY.

(in no particular order ... well in order of they date I added them into playlist actually)

(cut because well, this will make you read the goddamn trigger warning)





How to Fix Everything - Bayside

The sharper the edge, the cleaner the wound
So I'll be keeping it dull tonight, for I deserve to hurt.
Can't be more straight forward to be very honest. Not a very catchy song at first (for me) but it grew on me. I am personally not a very big fan of dull knives because of hygiene problems but well ...

Another Lonely Day - Ben Harper


I can resist anything
but temptation from you
but I'd rather walk alone
than chase you around
I'd rather fall myself
than let you drag me down

Found this song via HP fanfiction (thanks writer gal). The song is slow and nice and just eat up my happiness slowly =)) in a good way. I loved a person that didn't love me back (because we all have been there) ao well ... this song is just fab.

Hurt - Johnny Cash 

I hurt myself today to see that I still feel
I focused on the pain, the only thing that's real
The needle tear a hole, the same familiar sting
Try to hide it all away, but I remember everything

Classic song (?) that can be found on almost every suicide/ self-injury song list, this one is no exception. Pretty straightforward lyrics and nice voice. I don't like needle either, love. But well ...

Blame It On Bad Luck - Bayside


Pound my knuckles hard against the floor.
My head against the wall.
But I did this to myself.
Assume it's just not worth getting back up,
So I'll blame it on bad luck.
And I'll shake responsibility.
And say a hard life did this to me.

Well Bayside has nice depressing songs =)) And very to-the-point lyrics too. And this is great. Because I'm this lazy young girl who enjoys blaming everyone rather than myself.

If You're Bored - Bayside


we make believe every day
we make our lives seem like they're still worth living
when we find out in the end
it's only us that we've been kidding

Another Bayside and this one is a cracker too. Suitable when you cut yourself just because you're so bored (which I do all the f*cking time lol). This by no means is to encourage you to do anything. Just saying.

Moceanu - Bayside


Lonely Day - System Of A Down

Hold On - Good Charlotte

The Knife Game Song - Rusty Cage

Adam's Song - blink-182

Come As You Are - Nirvana

Last Resort - Papa Roach

Mad World - Tears For Fear

Alice - Tom Waits

How Do You Get That Lonely - Blaine Larsen

Older Brother - Pepper Rabbit


We both sat, on our beds, in my room.
And we talked about what was coming soon.
All the (pink powder) wont cover up what we did.
Doing wrong when, we were just kids.

And I think that you're the older brother,
that I never had.
I wish I could reach out and touch you.
Dont worry, i'm not sad.
I know you're just where you want to be,
and everyone's a hundred grand.
Say you wont stay for me,
say hello to your dad.


I will look after your sister I swear.
I'll write her when she's lonely, and send it off in the air.
I will keep her safe, until i'm dead.
She'll always have a place to rest her head.
You dont have to worry about it now,
you dont have to live with that frown.
I will hold your memory close to my chest,
though I wish you hadn't said it was best.
Could you have stayed just one more night,
for all of us to say good bye.
But all of your troubles are now gone
you still feel so damn warm.
The song that I absolutely adore that needs more attention. Older Brother is about aftermath of a suicide of a friend (I don't think it's a brother, bur well you know). No regret though. It's that ultimate state of being friends where you accept every choice your friend makes, including killing himself. "I know you're just where you wanna be". I wish to God I have a friend like that. This song touches me on so many levels. Recommended 5 star would bang.


You Better Die Young - Nomy

Little House - The Fray

London Bridge - Lisa Hannigan

Silent Night - Lisa Hannigan

Motherless Child - Peter, Paul and Mary

Ballad of Spring Hill - Peter, Paul and Mary


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét